Sweet and fruity. Delicous tart. Perfect for an afternoon tea with your friends. To bake it, we use 23cm loose bottomed tart tin and baking beans for blind-baking. Very, very easy to bake!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 375g ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 5-6 fresh apricots
- 300 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks (free range)
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- toasted flaked almonds and icing sugar to decorate
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan (enough to steam).
- In a large bowl whisk the yolks and sugar, when smooth add the flour, combine together.
- Add the warm milk (slowly) to the mixture. Whisk continuously.
- Put the mixture back into the saucepan, gently bring to boil whisking continuosly until thick and creamy. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan assisted).
- Halve the apricots and remove the stone.
- Lay it on a baking sheet.
- Line the pastry in your tart tin, prick the base with a fork, put it into the oven and blind-bake it for 15 minutes (to blind-bake it, fill the pastry with baking beans).
- Remove the beans and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the pastry goldens.
- Bake your apricots along with your tart base for 10-15 minutes, until slightly golden.
- When baked remove from the oven and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Fill the base with creme patisserie, smooth the surface out with a spoon.
- Arrange the apricots gently on the tart base (they might be soft).
- Sprinkle with toasted almonds and dust with icing sugar.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.