Light and healthy salad with asparagus, serrano ham, manchego cheese and tomatoes in honey – tarragon sauce. Ideal for quick lunch and very easy to prepare. Remember to remove the wooden ends of asparagus before grilling. Grill for 2 – 3 minutes on each side only, to keep the asparagus al dente and crunchy. It’s best to use fresh tarragon, the dried one doesn’t have the same aroma. Serve decorated with manchego cheese shavings with crusty, multigrain bread. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mild mustard
- 1 tbsp tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 romaine lettuce
- 250 g asparagus
- 100 g serrano ham
- 5 small tomatoes, quatered
- 50 g manchego cheese, shavings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a large glass combine the oil, mustard, honey and the tarragon. Mix well until smooth.
- Wash and dry the lettuce, tear it with your fingers, divide into two serving plates.
- Arrange the tomatoes on top.
- Tear the serrano ham and place on top of the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Brush a griddle pan with olive oil.
- Remove the wooden ends of the asparagus and discard. Grill the asparagus for 2 - 3 minutes on each side, until tender.
- Arrange the asparagus on top of the tomatoes, sprinkle with the manchego shavings.
- Serve with crusty, multigrain roll.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.