Italian classic. Very easy to cook, one pot dish. Tastes great with rye bread or olive pave. Great for every season and every occasion. If you don’t want to remove excess fat, use 400g of thighs instead of 500g.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 500g chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 125g button mushroom (washed and dried)
- 400g chopped tomatoes (1 tin)
- 1tsp brown sugar
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 rosemary stalks
- 100ml vegetable stock
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 7 large black olives, cut in half (if small add more)
- Chopped flat leaf parsley and crusty rye bread to serve
- Prepare your vegetables (peel and chop).
- Remove excess fat from chicken thighs, cut each one in half.
- Heat the oil in a large and deep frying pan (or casserole dish), add the chicken and cook until slightly golden on both sides.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery sticks and garlic, cook until slightly softened (3-4 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, stock, sugar vinegar and the rosemary stalks.
- Stir to cover rosemary stalks, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 25 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Remove the rosemary stalks, add the olives and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve decorated with chopped parsley.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.