Chicken breast stuffed with sun dried tomatoes, fresh, chopped basil and buffalo mozzarella, wrapped and baked in puff pastry. To cook this dish we used ready rolled puff pastry sheet, they’re available in most supermarkets. The dish is very easy and quick to prepare and the chicken is very moist thanks to cooking in a pastry wrap. Remember to brush the pastry with beaten egg before baking, to get the golden colour. Serve with rocket and tomato salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 2 medium chicken breasts
- 100 g Mozzarella cheese, chopped
- 150 g sun dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 bunch of basil, chopped
- 300 g puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan assisted).
- In a mixing bowl combine together tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, season with salt and pepper.
- Season the chicken with a pinch of salt.
- Cut a pocket in each of the chicken breast and stuff it with the tomato mixture.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet in half.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts on top of the pastry sheets, fold the pastry over and seal it with your fingers or fork.
- Cut out the excess pastry and place on a baking sheet seam side down.
- Brush each parcel with the egg.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes until risen and golden.
- Serve with rocket and tomato salad.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.