Veryeasy, very quick and very delicious, chicken fusilli with spinach and green peas in a creamy sauce. Take care when frying the chicken. It should be white not browned. It’s best to use frozen peas, do not defrost it before cooking. We usually use “petit pois” variety. Don’t substitute it with tinned peas. You can use frozen spinach instead of a fresh one, but remember to defrost it and dry with a kitchen towel. Serve sprinkled with grated parmesan. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 300 g fresh egg fusilli
- 2 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 200 g spinach
- 100 g frozen petit pois
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice (from fresh lemon)
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 280 ml single cream
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to the instruction on the package.
- Melt the butter in a deep frying pan, add the garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the chicken, fry for 5-6 minutes or until chicken turns white (don't brown it), stirring from time to time.
- Add the cream and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper, bring to boil, reduce the heat and cook for 5-6 minutes, until chicken is cooked throughout and the cream's reduced a bit.
- Add the spinach and the peas and cook for 3-5 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the fusilli, toss to combine, cook until pasta is hot, stirring continuously.
- Serve sprinkled with the parmesan.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.