Chicken thigh fillets braised in red wine with thyme, button mushrooms, onion and garlic. Some may say, that it’s an express version of beef bourguignon. This dish is so easy and quick to prepare, it doesn’t take longer than an hour to have it ready and served. We used thigh fillets, just remember to remove excess fat. Use good quality red wine, full – bodied and aromatic, but not too dry. The wine makes or breaks the dish. Serve with mashed potatoes, fine beans and fresh, chopped flat leaf parsley. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 400 g chicken thigh fillets
- 1 large onion
- 200 g button mushrooms
- 250 ml red wine
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 small springs of fresh thyme
- 100 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp corn flour or arrowroot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 a bunch of chopped fresh parsley to serve
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Remove the excess fat from the chicken, cut into large pieces, season with salt and put into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Peel and slice the onion into large chunks.
- Heat the olive in a medium pot.
- Saute the onion and garlic for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add the chicken and brown for 5 - 6 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Pour in the stock and wine, add the thyme and mushrooms, cover and cook for 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Remove the cover and cook for 20 more minutes to reduce the sauce slightly, taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- In a small glass mix the corn flour with 30 ml of cold water, pour into the pot and mix well, the sauce should thicken nicely.
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the thyme stalks before serving.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, french beans and chopped fresh parsley.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.