The secrectlies in tomatoes! They must be of very good quality, well ripen and aromatic. If they’re not in season use tinned tomatoes instead. You’ll need 4 tins. To skin your fresh tomatoes, dip them in hot, almost boiling water for a couple of minutes. Remember to taste your soup before blending. Depending on tomatoes it might be on the sour side. Add an extra teaspoon of sugar to improve the taste. Use only good quality balsamic vinegar. Tastes best when served with a teaspoon of single cream and rye bread. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 1,5 kg good quality tomatoes (e.g. beef tomatoes)
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for frying)
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 10-12 basil leaves
- single cream and rye bread to serve
- Skin and chop the tomatoes.
- Chop the onions, sauté them with garlic and olive oil in a large pan.
- Add the tomatoes, cook them with onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to boil.
- Add the sugar and vinegar.
- Season with pinch of salt and pepper, taste, if the soup is on the sour side add an extra teaspoon of sugar.
- Blend until almost smooth (larger tomato chunks are perfect).
- Stir in chopped basil leaves.
- Serve decorated with a spoon of the single cream and rye bread.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.