Light and refreshing lime pie, made of condensed milk, egg yolks, and lime juice on crunchy biscuits mixed and baked with butter. This pie is ideal for summer and very easy to prepare. It’ s ready in 45 minutes and doesn’t require any skills, just food processor. The recipe is based on a classic recipe for Key Lime Pie. Serve decorated with grated lime zest and a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 300 g ginger biscuits
- 100 g butter melted
- 397 g condensed milk (1 tin)
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 limes (juice and zest)
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (140°C fan assisted).
- Blend the biscuits in a food processor until reduced to crumbs, or put them into a sandwich bag and bash them with a rolling pin.
- Mix with melted butter and press into the base and sides of 23 cm loose bottom tart tin.
- Put the tin into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, remove and allow to cool a bit.
- In the meantime, whisk the yolks and the milk in a large mixing bowl using a blender (2-3 minutes, until well combined).
- Add the lime juice and zest to the mixture and mix well with a spoon.
- Pour the filling over the cooled base, put back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool and put into the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Serve decorated with lime zest.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.