Great for breakfast – fried eggs with spinach, mushrooms, bacon and chives in puff pastry shells.
They’re really easy to prepare. You can cook simultaneously – puff pastry shells in the oven and eggs, bacon and mushrooms in one pan on the stove. We used bacon medallions with reduced fat, but they can be replaced with back or streaky bacon. To bake the shells we used mini flan tins with loose bottoms, 12 cm in diameter. Casings need to be blind baked, simply line the pastry with greaseproof paper and place some ceramic beans on top of the paper. We used cooking rings to fry the eggs, they’re perfectly round and fit nicely into the puff pastry casings. Serve decorated with chopped chives. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 4 eggs
- 4 bacon medallions
- 320 g puff pastry sheet
- 200 g baby spinach
- 8 mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 bunch chopped chives
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line the tins with the puff pastry and blind bake it for 20 minutes until golden on edges (to blind-bake it, cover the pastry with baking paper and fill it with baking beans).
- Slice the bacon medallions into small pieces.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan, add the mushrooms and fry them for 6 - 8 minutes, stirring from time to time, until slightly golden. Add the bacon and continue frying until cooked throughout. Remove from the pan. Fry the eggs on the same pan until whites are set and yolks are still runny.
- In the meantime heat the oil in a sauce pan, add the spinach and cook it for 2 - 3 minutes until wilted, remove from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper and cover to keep it warm.
- Remove puff pastry shells from the oven, spoon the spinach onto the bottom, place the egg on top and spoon the bacon and mushrooms mixture.
- Scatter chives on top and serve.
Nutrition per 1 portion*
*all values estimated, depend on products used
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.