Britishclassic? Almost! With a little twist. W don’t batter our fish, we bread it instead and we pan fry the fillets in olive oil and butter rather than deep fry. It is still delicious, crunchy and full of flavour, thanks to our lemon and parsley breadcrumbs. You can use frozen cod fillets, but don’t defrost them in water. Do that in the fridge overnight. Tastes best when served with french fries, lemon wedges and coleslaw. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 50g breadcrumbs
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp parsley, well chopped
- 4 cod fillets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4tbsp plain flour
- olive oil for frying
- 1tsp butter for frying
- lemon wedges
- Mix the breadcrumbs with the lemon zest and chopped parsley, put them on a plate.
- Fill another plate with the flour and a rather large bowl with beaten eggs.
- Coat the fish in the flour then dip in the egg and then dip in the breadcrumbs to cover the fish evenly.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan assisted).
- Pan fry the fish in olive oil mixed with 1 tsp of butter for 3-4 minutes on each side, until slightly golden.
- Transfer into an ovenproof dish, put into the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges, chips and coleslaw.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.