Delicious pizza on thin crust base with prawns, goats cheese, mozzarella, red pepper and home made tomato sauce. It’s not as quick to prepare as we’d like. The dough needs time to raise. The dough tastes best when made from italian “00″ flour, but any strong flour will do. The tomato sauce was made from chopped, tinned tomatoes, but if they’re in seasons it’s even better when made from fresh ones. The pizza dough ingredients will give 6 12″ bases, all other ingredients are calculated for 2 pizzas. The dough can be frozen for later use. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 500 g strong white flour
- 100 g semolina flour
- 25 ml olive oil
- 50 ml luke warm milk
- 300 ml luke warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 g dried yeast
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 400g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 ml dry red wine
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- salt and pepper to taste
- 100 g grated mozzarella
- 80 g soft goats cheese
- 1 romano pepper, halved and sliced
- 200 g jumbo king prawns, peeled and cooked
- Tomato sauce (see above)
- In a large glass mix together the milk with the water.
- Sift the flour and semolina into a large mixing bowl, add the yeast, salt and the oil, gradually add the water, mixing all the time unit a soft dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 4-5 minutes. The dough should be elastic.
- Clean the mixing bowl and put the dough back into it. Cover with paper towels or cling film and leave to rise for 2 hours.
- When doubled in size, knock it back, and knead again for 2 minutes. You can use the dough now, but we leave it in a bowl for an additional hour to rise again.
- Once risen divide the dough into five or six bowls and roll each out with a rolling pin on a floured surface.
- If you don't need all the dough you can wrap it in cling film and freeze.
- Heat the oil with the garlic in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, wine and the herbs the provence. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes until reduced, stirring continuously.
- Once reduced blend it with a blender or in a food processor, until smooth.
- If it's not thick enough, return to the pan and cooked until thickened.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan assisted).
- Spread the pizza base with the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with a bit of grated mozzarella, arrange the prawns, pepper and crumbled goats cheese on top.
- Add the remaining mozzarella.
- Place on a preheated pizza stone, put into the oven, bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges of the base are golden and the mozzarella has melted.
- Alternatively can be baked without the stone, just place it on a sheet of a baking paper and put into the oven.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.