Light, delicious and aromatic green fish curry with cod loins, courgette, green thai curry paste, tamarind paste, palm sugar and choy sum.
This dish is very easy and very quick to prepare. It’s also very light, full of flavours and very aromatic. To prepare it we used store bought curry paste, but you can also make your own. Cod loins need to be quite thick otherwise they might flake and break during cooking. Cod can be substituted with any white, firm fish as haddock etc.
Remember to remove choy sum’s stalks, only leaves should be added to the dish.
Serve in a small, deep bowls decorated with fresh coriander. This curry tastes great when served with steamed jasmine rice or warm naan bread.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 2 cod loins fillets (200 g each)
- 2 medium courgettes sliced into 1 cm thick slices
- 1 bunch of choy sum (leaves only)
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large and deep frying pan. Add the garlic and green curry paste and fry for a minute.
- Add the sliced courgette and stir fry for 3 more minutes.
- Pour in the coconut cream and the stock, add the tamarind paste, palm sugar, fish sauce and lime juice, bring to boil over a medium heat.
- Place the cod fillets on top, cover and simmer for 8 - 10 minutes until the fish is cooked.
- Add the choy sum and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Divide into two serving plates, arrange the fish on top and sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve immediately with jasmine rice or naan bread.
Nutrition per 1 portion*
*all values estimated, depend on products used
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.