Perfect winter warmer. On the sweeter side with a chilli kick. Easy to prepare. Tastes great with a slice of a wholemeal crunchy bread. Great for lunch or as a starter.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 1 butternut squash
- 600ml vegetable stock
- 1 medium onion
- 3 carrots (sliced)
- 1 medium potato (chopped)
- 1tbsp cornflour
- 1tbsp butter
- 1tbsp honey
- 2tbsp double cream (more to serve)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- pinch of crushed chillies
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan assisted)
- Peel, deseed and chop butternut squash. Brush the squash with olive oil, place on a baking sheet and put into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pan, fry the onion in butter for 4-5 minutes until softened (not golden).
- Add the garlic, squash, pinch of chilli, potato and carrots, cover with stock.
- Simmer for about 35 minutes.
- Mix well the cornflour with 50 ml of water in a glass. Add to the pot. Stir well
- Add the honey, double cream, lime juice. Blend with a blender (or food processor) until smooth.
- Serve decorated with double cream, sweet red pepper flakes and fresh parsley.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.