Basic side salad made from raw carrots, cabbage and onion, usually served with burgers, fish and chips and jacket potatoes.
It’s so basic, that we weren’t even going to publish the recipe, but a lot of people asked for it, so here it is. The secret lies in mayonnaise, choose a good quality one.
The recipe here is for the most basic coleslaw, but sometimes we enrich it with fresh apple, cheese or walnuts.
We usually do our coleslaw in a food processor, but you can use a grater. Tastes best when served fresh. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 350 g cabbage (without core)
- 3 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- freshly ground pepper and sea salt
- Grate the carrots and shred the cabbage.
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix with a spoon, season with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Decorate with flat leaf parsley.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.