This kale smoothie is a perfect way to start the day. It’s bursting with flavours and vitamins and it’s really easy to prepare.
All you need to make this smoothie is 2 very ripe bananas, kale, fresh orange juice, honey, ginger, lemon and food processor or a blender.
Kale is one of the super foods. It is full of beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C and calcium. When chopped or minced it contains sulforaphane, a chemical with potent anti-cancer properties. It’s available throughout the year but best between September and February.
Bananas used to prepare this smoothie need to be very ripe and sweet. Fresh orange juice can be replace with chilled orange juice from any supermarket (not from concentrate).
This recipe should give you 4 large glasses of smoothie. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 150 g kale
- 2 bananas
- 800 ml fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 thumb size piece of ginger
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Peel and grate the ginger, wash and pat dry the kale.
- Place the ginger, kale and peeled bananas in a food processor or a blender, whizz for a minute.
- Pour in the orange juice, add the honey and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Whizz again for a minute until smooth.
- Pour into 4 tumbler glasses and serve.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.