Delicious, hot and very aromatic lamb keema with fresh ginger, garam masala, natural yoghurt, carrots and peas.
Keema simply means “minced meat” and can be prepared from any type of mince. To make our keema we used lamb. The meat shouldn’t be too fat. To get the perfect keema we chose lamb mince with around 10% – 15% of fat content.
First, we prepared the paste. In a food processor we chopped the onion, garlic, chillies and ginger, then we fried it with spices on a very hot pan, to make it fragrant and aromatic.
We served our dish with mango chutney, steamed basmati rice and natural yoghurt mixed with fresh, chopped mint. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 1 large onion, peeled
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green chillies, seeds removed
- 1 piece of ginger (thumb sized)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g lamb mince
- 2 large tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 small carrots, peeled and sliced
- 150 g frozen peas
- 2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- bunch of coriander, chopped
- Peel the onion, garlic and ginger, remove seeds from chillies. Place them all together in a food processor’s bowl and chop finely.
- In a deep, large pan heat the oil and add the chopped ingredients. Fry them for 2 - 3 minutes over a medium - high heat until fragrant. Add the spices (garam masala, turmeric and cayenne) and fry for 1 more minute.
- Add the lamb mice and fry, stirring continuously to prevent any lumps, until browned.
- Dip in the tomatoes and yoghurt, add the carrots, season with salt and black pepper, mix well, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring from time to time. If the dish is getting too thick add a splash a water.
- Once the meat is cooked, stir in the peas and chopped coriander, add a squeeze of lemon juice and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice or naan bread with minted yoghurt and mango chutney.
Nutrition per 1 portion*
*all values estimated, depend on products used
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.