Aromatic and delicious lamb koftas with fresh mint, ground coriander and cumin. To prepare this dish we used very lean lamb (less than 10% fat). They’re very easy and quick to prepare. Remember to put the meat into the fridge for at least two hours, to let the flavours combine. Koftas taste great when served with rice, salad with tomatoes and olives and tzatziki dip. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 500 g lean lamb mince
- 12 - 15 fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- sea salt to season
- Place the mince, mint, garlic, coriander and cumin in a large mixing bowl, season to taste with a pinch of salt and mix together until well blended. Put the meat into a fridge for at least two hours.
- Divide into 8 balls and roll them out on a board into ovals (flatten them with your hand).
- Place the balls on skewers, 2 balls per skewer, and cook them on a very hot griddle pan, 4 - 5 minutes on each side, depending on a size of koftas, until nicely browned.
- Serve with white steamed rice, salad with tomatoes and olives.
- Koftas taste great when served with tzatziki dip.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.