Lightfluffy and delicious lemon muffins with a bit of poppy seeds. Very easy to bake, ready in less then 45 minutes. Remember to mix it just roughly, don’t blend it. Serve with whipped cream and maple syrup. To bring out the lemony taste, try serving with lemon drizzle, just mix 3 tbsp of icing sugar with a juice of one lemon, place in a pan, bring to boil, and cook until reduced in half. It’s delicious. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 2 eggs beaten
- 80 g golden caster sugar
- 250 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 300 g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 lemon, zested
- 50 g poppy seeds
- whipped cream and maple syrup to serve
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan assisted).
- Place muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl mix well the oil, eggs, sugar and milk.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the lemon zest and poppy seeds.
- Mix all roughly, checking for flour pockets.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Serve decorated with whipped cream and a drizzle of maple syrup.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.