Delicious sandwich filler – mackerel paste with soft cheese, radish, flat leaf parsley and a tiny bit of mayo.
Without a doubt is one of our favourite sandwich paste. Great on wholemeal toast, roll or cheese crackers. If you prefer not to use any mayo, you can simply replace it with a tablespoon of natural yoghurt. We used sweet cure mackerel strips, but any smoked mackerel will taste great. You can always add 1/2 a teaspoon of honey mustard to get a bit of punch. Use light cheese rather than full fat. Mackerel is an oily fish so it’s rather calorific. Decorate with watercress or rocket. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 200 g sweetcure mackerel strips
- 500 g soft cheese
- 10 radishes
- 1/2 a bunch of flat leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp mayo
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tear your mackerel into small chunks, put into a mixing bowl.
- Add the cheese, chopped parsley, chopped radishes and the mayo.
- Season with a pinch of sea salt and generously with the freshly ground pepper.
- Serve on wholemeal, crusty bread of your choice, decorated with watercress.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.