Traditionaltuna nicoise salad with red onion, tomatoes, pepper, fine beans, dried black olives and egg. To cook the egg perfectly, place it in a pan with warm water, bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the stove and immediately put under cold, running water. Leave in cold water for 2 minutes and peel. For this salad we used tinned tuna steaks in oil, but fresh and grilled tuna steaks are even better. Serve with french baguette or wholemeal, crusty bread. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 200 g fine beans
- 80 g mixed salad leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 tin of tuna steaks in oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1 romano pepper, sliced into rings
- 1 lemon, grated zest only
- 50 g dry black olives, halved
- 1 heaped tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- In a large glass mix the mustard with olive, lemon juice and brown sugar until combined.
- Steam or boil the beans, make sure they're al dente, not overcooked, drain, put under running cold water to prevent from further cooking and dry with kitchen towel.
- Drain the tuna and mash it a bit with fork.
- Add the lettuce, beans, tomatoes, onion, olives, pepper, lemon zest and tuna into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the ingredients and mix well.
- Divide into serving plates, put the egg cut into quarters on top.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.