One pot chicken with pearl barley, courgette, sweet potatoes, garlic and cherry tomatoes. Typical one pot dish. It’s really delicious and easy to prepare. We used a medium casserole dish to cook it. Remember to cover the barley and vegetables with stock. Chicken should be uncovered. We used stock paste from this recipe. Serve with butter wilted kale or spinach, sprinkled with fresh, chopped dill. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 150 g pearl barley
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 2 small carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- 150 g plum tomatoes
- 400 - 600 ml vegetable stock
- 1 bunch of dill, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan assisted).
- Layer the bottom of a casserole dish with the barley.
- Place the garlic and sliced vegetables on top, scatter with plum tomatoes and cover with stock.
- Season the chicken with a bit of a sea salt, arrange on top of vegetables, chicken shouldn't be covered by stock.
- Cook in the oven of 1 hour and 20 minutes until chicken skin is golden and crispy.
- Serve with wilted spinach or kale, sprinkled with chopped dill.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.