Inspiredby an original Valencian paella recipe, paella with prawns, chicken, green peas, red pepper, tomatoes and saffron. Very quick and easy to make, the most time consuming task is to bake the chicken drumsticks, but you can buy ready made or use any leftovers. The best rice is the original “bomba” variety. Serve decorated with lemon wedges, fresh flat leaf parsley and some additional tiger prawns. It’s really delicious. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 150 g paella rice
- 2 large chicken drumsticks, roasted (or 3 medium)
- 150 g frozen tiger prawns, cooked and peeled
- 100 g frozen petit pois
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 romano pepper, chopped
- 1 large beef tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- large pinch of saffron
- pinch of crushed chillies
- 1 tsp paprika
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil for frying
- flat leaf parsley and lemon wedges to serve
- Prepare your chicken - separate meat from the bones, discard the skin and bones and tear the meat with your fingers into large chunks.
- Heat the oil in a a large, deep frying pan.
- Add the onion and garlic fry for 2 minutes until onion softens.
- Add the tomato and pepper fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add the rice, lemon juice, chillies, paprika, turmeric, saffron, cover with stock.
- Cook uncovered, over a medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes (it should be bubbling), until rice is almost ready and the water has been absorbed.
- Stir in the chicken, prawns and peas. Cook for additional 5 minutes, until all ingredients are hot.
- Serve decorated with lemon wedges and parsley.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.