Super quick and easy, perfect for lunch, penne with bacon, broccoli, black olives, parmesan shavings and flat leaf parsley in a creamy sauce. To cook this dish we used fresh egg penne (should be available in most supermarkets) and bacon medallions. Bacon medallions can be replaced with smoked back bacon, but remember to remove and discard excess fat. Serve decorated with parmesan shavings and chopped flat leaf parsley. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 300 g fresh egg penne
- 100 g black olives, halved
- 10 bacon medallions (200 g)
- 1 broccoli, florets only
- 280 ml single cream
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp parmesan shavings
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan assisted).
- Place the bacon on a baking tray, cook in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until golden - brown and crispy on the edges. Remove from the oven and cut into smaller chunks.
- Cook the penne according to the instruction on the packet.
- Heat the oil with garlic in a large, deep frying pan, sauté for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets cut into small pieces, pour in the cream and add the lemon juice. Simmer for 8 - 10 minutes, until broccolis are soft but still al-dente.
- Add the bacon and olives, mix well, season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the pan and mix well, cook for 2 - 3 more minutes until pasta is hot.
- Transfer into serving plates, sprinkle with parsley and parmesan. Serve.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.