Perfect pizza dough. Italian classic, thin, crispy and very easy to prepare. It’s perfect every time. Can be prepared in advance and frozen.
It needs some time to rise, so it’s not as quick as we’d like, but it’s delicious. Best when made from italian strong flour, type “00”, but any strong flour will do. Remember to flour your working surface, it will prevent the dough from sticking. We used dried instant yeast, some yeast types may require to activate it in water with some sugar, just check the instruction on packaging. Can be frozen, jest wrap it in a cling film. This recipe will give you 5 – 6 12″ pizza bases. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 500 g strong white flour
- 100 g semolina flour
- 25 ml olive oil
- 50 ml luke warm milk
- 300 ml luke warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 7 g dried instant yeast
- In a large glass mix together the milk with the water.
- Sift the flour and semolina into a large mixing bowl, add the yeast, salt and the oil, gradually add the water, mixing all the time unit a soft dough is formed.
- Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 4-5 minutes. The dough should be elastic.
- Clean the mixing bowl and put the dough back into it. Cover with paper towels or cling film and leave to rise for 2 hours.
- When doubled in size, knock it back, and knead again for 2 minutes. You can use the dough now, but we leave it in a bowl for an additional hour to rise again.
- Once risen divide the dough into five or six bowls and roll each out with a rolling pin on a floured surface.
- If you don't need all the dough you can wrap it in cling film and freeze.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.