Dairy free, gluten free and vegan – bread and butter pudding with dark chocolate and orange rind and juice.
Bread and butter pudding is one of the most popular desserts in Britain. It’s very easy to prepare and it tastes delicious.
It’s usually made of white bread with butter, custard and raisins. To prepare this dish we used some leftover bread slices with crust removed. We layered them in a rectangle ovenproof dish along with chocolate custard, sprinkled it with crushed dark chocolate and baked it in the oven for 20 minutes. To give this pudding it’s chocolate orange flavour, we added some chopped Nākd Cocoa Orange Bits, vegan dark chocolate and grated orange rind.
We served it decorated with a long thread of orange rind. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 8 - 10 slices gluten free white bread
- 25 g dairy free soya spread
- 1 tablespoon of vegan custard powder
- 750 ml soya milk
- 130 g bag N?kd Cocoa Orange Bits, chopped into small pieces
- finely grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 50 g Vegan dark chocolate, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C, Gas Mark 4 and lightly grease a 1 litre ovenproof dish.
- Remove the crusts from the bread, then cover each slice with the soya spread and cut in half to form triangles.
- To make the custard, place the custard powder in a small bowl and blend with 2 tablespoons of soya milk.
- Place the remaining milk and the N?kd Cocoa Orange Fruit & Nut Bits in a medium saucepan, with the orange rind and heat until nearly boiling. Add some of this mixture to the custard and mix well.
- Return the custard mixture to the pan and whisk over a medium heat, until the mixture starts to thicken. Add the orange juice and simmer gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour a little of the chocolate custard into the bottom of the dish, then arrange half the bread over the top, in overlapping rows. Sprinkle over a little of the chopped chocolate, cover with more of the chocolate custard and arrange the remaining bread over the top.
- Sprinkle over the remaining chocolate, then pour over the remaining custard ensuring that all the bread is covered. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until bubbling and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition per 1 portion*
*all values estimated, depend on products used
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.