Light and delicious sardine salad with romaine lettuce, mixed tomatoes, romano peppers, black olives, feta cheese, fresh mint and dill.
This salad is very similar to the traditional greek salad. The only difference is the dressing and the addition of sardines. The dressing’s got a delicate sweet note, thanks to honey. To prepare the dressing we used acacia honey, very mild sandwich mustard, balsamic vinegar of modena and light olive oil. To give the salad its fresh and vibrant taste we added mint and fresh dill. All flavours blends really well.
We used two varieties of tomatoes, but when in season the more the better.
We served our salad in deep salad bowls with freshly baked garlic baguette. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp mild, sandwich mustard
- 1/2 tsp runny honey
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small romaine lettuce
- 1 tin of sardines in oil (120 g), drained
- 100 g feta cheese, sliced into cubes
- 1 beef tomato, cut into wedges
- 10 mixed cocktail tomatoes (plum, cherry), halved
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 20 dry black olives, halved
- 1 romano pepper sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 10 - 12 mint leaves, chopped
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl or a glass. Mix until combined into creamy dressing without any lumps.
- Wash and dry the lettuce, tear it with your fingers into small chunks.
- Place all the vegetables and herbs in a large mixing bowl, pour the dressing over and give it a toss.
- Tear the sardines into smaller, bite sized chunks.
- Divide the salad into two serving plates, arrange the feta cheese and sardines on top.
- Serve with fresh garlic baguette.
Nutrition per 1 portion*
*all values estimated, depend on products used
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.