Light and delicious salad with smoked chicken, chicory, avocado, tomatoes, pomegranate seeds and delicate honey – mustard dressing.
This salad is very easy and quick to prepare. All you need to do is mix the dressing and slice all ingredients. The hardest part seems to be to get the pomegranate seeds, but there’s an easy way to do it: prepare a medium mixing bowl, roll the fruit on a chopping board to release the seeds inside the pomegranate, score the fruit around the middle, tear it in two over a bowl and bash it with a wooden spoon. Seeds should separate and fall down into the ball.
To prepare the salad we’ve used good quality smoked chicken breast without any water or preservatives. The mustard needs to be mild, otherwise it might overpower the delicate taste of ingredients.
Serve with a crusty roll or a fresh bread. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 1 tbsp mustard (mild)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 200 g smoked chicken breast
- 2 small chicories
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 small tomatoes
- 100 g pomegranate seeds
- Mix all ingredients in a small glass until smooth. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Prepare two deep salad plates.
- Separate chicory leaves, wash them and pat them dry with a kitchen towel then tear them into small pieces. Divide them between two plates.
- Peel the avocados, cut them in half lengthwise, remove the stone and slice them, arrange on top of the chicory.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them into 6 - 8 wedges depending on the size of the tomato, arrange on top of the avocado.
- Dress with 2 teaspoons of sauce.
- Slice the chicken into small bite size pieces, place on top of tomatoes, pour the remaining dressing all over the salad.
- Scatter the pomegranate seeds on top. Serve immediately.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.