Light, delicious and bursting with vegetables, Spanish chicken stew with mushrooms, courgettes, peppers, tomatoes and flat leaf parsley. It’s very easy to cook, all you need to do is to chop and slice the ingredients. It’s got distinctive and unique flavour thanks to the hot smoked paprika. If you don’t like your dishes hot add a bite less of this spice. Serve with plenty of chopped parsley and crusty wholemeal bread. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 400 g chicken breast, diced
- 2 red peppers, halved and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, halved and sliced into strips
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 medium courgettes, sliced
- 300 g mushroom sliced
- 400 g chopped tomatoes (1 tin or fresh)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp ground smoked hot paprika
- 2 tbsp ground sweet paprika
- 1 bunch of parsley chopped
- sea salt
- Place the chicken in bowl, add 1 tbsp olive oil and 1 tsp smoked hot paprika, season with salt and mix well, to coat the chicken. Put into the fridge and marinate for at least two hours.
- In a large, deep pan heat the remaining olive oil, add the onion and soften for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and fry for 3 - 4 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Add the peppers, mushrooms, courgettes and chopped tomatoes, season with sweet paprika and sea salt, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 25 - 30 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Taste and season to your taste with salt and if you like it hot, some more smoked hot paprika.
- Divide into the serving plates, decorate with chopped parsley and serve with crusty brown bread.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.