Our take on this italian classic. Quick and easy to cook. If you don’t like medallions you can substitute them with streak bacon rashers. Tastes great when served with red wine. Perfect for dinner for two or a quick lunch. All ready in less than 30 minutes.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 400 fresh gnocchi
- 250g smoked bacon medallions (around 10)
- 1 courgette thinly sliced
- 6 mushrooms thinly sliced
- 10 large black olives sliced
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- good pinch of crushed chillies
- splash of balsamic vinegar
- basil and parmesan to serve
- Bake the bacon in the oven (15 minutes, 180 degrees).
- Meantime, heat the olive oil in the frying pan add onion and garlic, cook until onion is softened.
- Add oregano, crushed chillies, courgette and mushrooms cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chilli, vinegar, cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes stirring ocassionally, season with salt and pepper.
- Boil some water for the gnocchi.
- Once the bacon is cooked chop it. Add to the pan along wit olives.
- Cook your gnocchi in boiling, salted water according to instructions on the packet (don't overcook it).
- Drain and mix with the sauce.
- Arrange on the plates, decorate with basil leaves and parmesan shavings.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.