Spicy warm and delicious soup. Usually, we buy ready baked chicken legs, to save time. It’s very easy to cook. Ready in less than 30 minutes, if you’ve got your chicken prepared in advance! Can be cooked as a vegetarian option. To do that, use vegetable stock and serve with baked butternut squash instead of chicken.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 2 chicken legs, baked
- 400ml coconut milk
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 400g chopped tomatoes (one tin)
- 1tbsp tomate puree
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tsp palm sugar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- good pinch of dried crushed chillies
- Bake your chicken legs in the oven (or buy ready baked). Once baked remove the skin and shred the meat.
- In a large saucepan sauté the onion in olive oil.
- Add the coriander, cumin, cinnamon and garlic, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, tomatoes, potato half of lime juice, palm sugar, chillies and half of the coconut milk, cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the rest of lime juice, coconut milk, tomato puree, stir well than blend until smooth.
- Add the shredded chicken and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Serve decorated with watercress.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.