Light and delicious steamed chicken, marinated in hoisin sauce, ginger, five spice and soy sauce, steamed with pak choi and mange tout.
This dish is very light, aromatic and low in calories. It’s also very easy and quick to prepare. We cooked our chicken in a steamer. It was really juicy and moist and vegetables were crunchy and full of flavours. Cornflour makes the sauces and spices stick to the chicken pieces, it creates a deliciously flavoured and very aromatic coating.
If you don’t have a steamer you can convert this recipe into a stir fry dish. Simply fry the chicken in a wok or a deep frying pan for 5 – 6 minutes, add the vegetables and stir – fry for 5 more minutes until the chicken is cooked throughout and the vegetables are hot and crunchy.
Serve with thai rice noodles or a jasmine or basmati rice with an additional portion of hoisin sauce. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 flat tsp five spice
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 chicken breast, cubed
- 200 g mange tout
- 2 medium pak choi, leaves only, sliced into smaller pieces
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- flat rice noodles and hoisin sauce to serve
- In a small glass mix together ginger, soy sauce, five spice and hoisin sauce.
- Place the chicken cubes in a bowl, pour in the marinade add the cornflour and mix well to coat the chicken pieces, cover with cling film and place in a fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge, place on a steamer tray in a single layer, arrange the mushrooms on top of the chicken. Place the tray inside the steamer (chicken should not be touching the water) and steam for 15 minutes. Add the mange tout (place it on top of the mushrooms) and steam for 5 more minutes. After that time add the pak choi and spring onions and steam for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the steamer, divide into deep serving plates. Serve with flat rice noodles with additional portion of hoisin sauce.
Nutrition per 1 portion*
*all values estimated, depend on products used
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.