Oneof the easiest tarts to bake. It doesn’t take longer than 45 minutes. We used 23 cm loose bottomed tart tin to bake it. Cut the strawberries lengthwise to get 3-4 slices from one strawberry. Arrange them in circles starting from the edges. Looks great when decorated with fresh mint leaves. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 375g ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 200 g fresh strawberries
- Dark milk chocolate shavings to decorate
- 300 ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg yolks (free range)
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- Warm the milk in a small saucepan (enough to steam).
- In a large bowl whisk the yolks and sugar, when smooth add the flour, combine together.
- Add the warm milk (slowly) to the mixture. Whisk continuously.
- Put the mixture back into the saucepan, gently bring to boil whisking continuosly until thick and creamy. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (160°C fan assisted).
- Line the pastry in your tart tin, prick the base with a fork , put it into the oven and blind-bake it for 15 minutes (to blind-bake it, cover the pastry with baking paper and fill it with baking beans).
- Remove the beans and the paper, bake for another 10-15 minutes, until the pastry is golden.
- When baked remove from the oven and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Fill the base with creme patisserie, smooth the surface out with a spoon.
- Wash the strawberries, dry, remove stalks, slice them lengthwise.
- Arrange the strawberries gently on the tart base sprinkle with the chocolate shavings.
- Put into the fridge for 1/2 an hour to set.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.