Delicate chicken breast stuffed with capers, currants, breadcrumbs, parmesan and walnuts, wrapped in prosciutto and simmered in red wine and balsamic vinegar.
To prepare this dish we used medium – sized chicken breast, 200 g each. First we prepared the stuffing; in a large bowl we mixed together breadcrumbs, egg, currants, chopped walnuts, grated parmesan, chopped parsley and grated lemon zest. Then we prepared the chicken, we made an incision on one side of each chicken breast, we opened it, stuffed it and wrapped it in prosciutto ham, then we simmered it in red whine and balsamic vinegar with a bit of sugar.
This dish is really easy to prepare, it tastes great and looks even better. We served the chicken with boiled baby potatoes and tenderstem broccoli. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 70 g fresh breadcrumb
- 1 tbsp dried currants (soaked in hot water)
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 egg
- 1/2 bunch of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 200 ml red wine
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- baby potatoes and broccoli to serve
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients in a large mixing bowl until combined.
- Make an incision on the side of each chicken breast and butterfly it open. Place the stuffing on one half of the chicken breast, cover it with the other half and roll it up tightly.
- Place the chicken breast in the middle of two prosciutto slices and cover the top with the sides of the prosciutto (they should overlap). Secure it with two cocktail sticks or a kitchen thread.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan or a small casserole dish, add the chicken wraps and cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each side until slightly browned.
- Pour in the stock and the wine, add the balsamic vinegar and sugar, stir to dissolve the sugar, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, then uncover and cook for 5 more minutes over a medium - high heat to reduce the sauce.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, cut it in half diagonally.
- Spoon the sauce onto a serving plate and arrange the chicken on top.
- Serve with boiled baby potatoes and tenderstem broccoli.
Nutrition per 1 portion*
*all values estimated, depend on products used
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.