Spicy and aromatic vegetarian thai soup with cauliflower, mange tout, red pepper, baby sweetcorn, soba noodles and coconut cream. This soup is very easy to cook and simply delicious. It’s perfect for quick and healthy lunch. Remember not to overcook the vegetables, they need to be al dente, slightly crunchy. If you have problem with finding thai basil, it can be replaced with the italian one. This soup tastes best when served immediately. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 1 medium cauliflower, florets only
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 200 g mange tout
- 200 g baby corn, halved legthwise
- 1 romano pepper, halved and sliced
- 1/2 bunch thai basil, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp Tom Yum paste
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- soba noodles to serve with
- Heat the olive in a large pan, add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until softened.
- Add the cauliflower florets, carrots, baby corns and pepper, cover with stock, add the thai basil, lime juice, Tom Yum paste and palm sugar.
- Cook over a medium heat for 20 - 25 minutes, until cauliflower is cooked but still tender.
- Pour in the coconut cream, add the mange tout and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Taste and season with soy sauce if necessary.
- Serve with soba noodles.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.