Fresh egg spaghetti with delicious sauce made of minced, lean beef, fresh thyme, red wine and tomatoes. Inspired by a traditional bolognese recipe. We used tinned tomatoes but if they’re in season, use fresh ones. They taste so much better. This dish is very easy and rather quick to cook. Simmer the sauce for at least 30 minutes to make the beef very soft and fragrant. Taste best with fresh egg spaghetti. Serve decorated with thyme leaves and parmesan shavings. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 250 g lean steak mince
- 300 g fresh egg spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400 g)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 50 ml dry red wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 ml vegetable stock
- 50 g parmesan shavings to serve
- Heat the oil with the garlic in a large frying pan, cook for 1 minute until the garlic softens.
- Add the onion, sauté for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the mince, cook until browned, stirring continuously.
- Stir in the tomatoes, add the thyme, wine and stock, reduce the heat and cook for 30 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook your spaghetti according to manufacturer description.
- Divide into serving palates, top with the sauce.
- Serve decorated with parmesan shavings.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.