Homemade tuna pizza with broccoli, black dried olives, tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese on thin and crusty italian base.
We used this recipe (click) to prepare the pizza dough. Ingredients in the recipe will give you 6 pizza bases, but it’s safe to wrap unused dough in a cling film and freeze until next time.
We baked our pizza on a preheated pizza stone. As the broccoli’s got the tendency to burn in a hot oven we pre baked pizza bases for 5 minutes, before topping it up with all ingredients (see recipe).
Pizzas can also be baked on a baking tray, just remember to line it with baking paper and flour a little to prevent from sticking.
Broccolis need to be blanched by dipping them in a boiling water for 2 – 3 minutes. When in season, use fresh tomatoes for the sauce, they need to be ripe and very red in colour. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 2 pizza bases (from this recipe)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes, 400g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 50 ml dry red wine
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1 tsp herbes de provence
- salt and pepper to taste
- 100 g grated mozzarella
- 160 g tuna chunks in brine (1 tin)
- 200 g fresh broccoli, blanched (florets only)
- 50 g dried black olives (pitted)
- Tomato sauce (see above)
- Heat the oil in a medium sauce pan. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Tip in tomatoes, wine and herbs of the provence. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over a medium heat for 10-12 minutes until reduced, stirring continuously.
- Once reduced blend it with a hand blender or in a food processor, until smooth.
- If it's not thick enough, return to the pan and cooked until thickened.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C fan assisted), place the pizza stone in the oven and let it heat for 20 - 30 minutes.
- Remove the stone from the oven, spread the pizza base with the tomato sauce, place it on the hot stone and put it back into the oven and pre bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, arrange topping ingredients on top in the following order: half of mozzarella, tuna, olives, broccoli and top it up wit the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Put it back into the oven and bake for 8 - 10 minutes until edges of the base are golden and the mozzarella has melted.
- Alternatively pizzas can be baked without the stone, just place them on a floured sheet of a baking paper and place on a baking tray.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.