Greatalternative to stock cubes. Can be used as a base for soups and sauces, just add 1 heaped teaspoon per 300 ml. It’ s very easy to store and prepare. Remember to stir very often while cooking, otherwise it might burn. Store in the fridge in an air tight container for up to 2 months. When using, always taste the dish before any additional seasoning. It’s on the salty side. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 3 large carrots, peeled
- 150 g celery sticks
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 courgette, cut into thick slices
- 1 parsnip, peeled into thick pieces
- 2 clove garlic, peeled
- 4 large mushrooms
- 1 tomato, peeled and quatered
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 2 rosemary stalks, leaves only
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 120 g sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive
- Chop all the vegetables and herbs roughly in a food processor.
- In a large sauce pan heat the oil, add the vegetables and herbs, season with all the salt, add the wine.
- Simmer on a low heat for 25 minutes, stirring very often, adding tiny amounts of water if needed.
- Allow to cool, return to food processor and blend well (you can use hand blender). The paste should have consistency of tomato puree.
- If it's watery put back in a saucepan and simmer until water's evaporated.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.