Delicious and aromatic yellow curry with chicken, chickpeas, tomatoes, ginger, yoghurt, honey and fresh coriander.
This dish is very easy and quick to prepare and cook. We used mild curry spice, but if you prefer it more spicy, replace it with the hot variety. When choosing the yoghurt, make sure it’s not sour, it should be mild and creamy.
Serve with basmati rice or naan bread, generously sprinkled with fresh, chopped coriander. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 350 g chicken breast, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 400 g chickpeas (tin)
- 400 g chopped tomatoes (tin)
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil for frying
- sea salt
- 1/2 bunch of coriander to decorate
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion, ginger, garlic, curry, chilli and turmeric and fry for 2 minutes, until onion is softened.
- Add the yellow and red pepper and chopped tomatoes, cook for 8 - 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Transfer the sauce into a food processor and blend until smooth (or use a hand blender).
- Heat the rest of the oil in a pan, add the chicken pieces and fry for 6 - 8 minutes, stirring from time to time, until chicken is cooked.
- Pour in the sauce, add the chickpeas and yoghurt, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes. At the end of cooking add the honey, taste and season with sea salt if necessary.
- Transfer into serving plates, decorate with chopped fresh coriander. Serve with basmati rice or naan bread.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.