Delicate and light, baked sea bream with tomatoes, courgettes, red pepper, chopped parsley and potatoes with a splash of white wine. This recipe is inspired by a traditional Spanish recipe “Besugo al horno”, which was slightly modified. The fish can be baked whole or you can remove heads and tails, as we did. It’s one of of those very easy and very quick dishes. Serve decorated with slices of lemon. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 2 sea breams
- 400 g new potatoes (boiled and halved legthwise)
- 300 g cherry tomatoes (mixed colours)
- 1 red romano pepper, sliced
- 2 small courgettes, sliced thickly
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 100 ml dry white wine
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lemon slices
- Wash and clean the fish, remove heads and tails, season with a pinch of salt.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan assisted).
- Heat 2 tbsp of butter in a large frying pan, fry the fish over a medium heat until slightly golden, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer the fish into an ovenproof dish, pour over a bit of wine, bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes, until the fish is cooked throughout.
- Heat the remaining butter in a large, deep frying pan, add the garlic and potatoes, fry over a medium heat for 3 - 4 minutes, the potatoes should turn slightly golden.
- Add the onion, courgettes and red pepper, season with oregano, rosemary salt and pepper, fry for 5 - 6 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Pour in the remaining wine and boil until the wine has evaporated.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parsley.
- Arrange the vegetables on a serving plate, place the fish on top, decorate with lemon and serve.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.