Veryquick and easy banana loaf, with a hint of cocoa and melted, dark chocolate topping with chopped nuts. Bananas should very ripe, even those with dark patches on the skin will do. The topping is made of melted dark chocolate, sprinkled with chopped mixed nuts. We used 21 cm long loaf tin, to bake this cake. Tastes great when chocolate still warm and melted. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 3 large bananas (ripe)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150 g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 175 g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 3 tbsp milk
- 150 g dark cooking chocolate
- 3 tbsp chopped mixed nuts
- Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan assisted).
- Double line your loaf tin with baking paper (we use 2lb tin).
- In a large bowl mash your bananas, mix with eggs, oil and sugar (using blender) until smooth.
- Sift the baking powder, bicarb soda, cocoa powder and the flour into the mix.
- Add the milk, mix all ingredients until well combined (with a spoon).
- Pour the batter into the tin, bake in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Check if the skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven allow to cool.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave or over a hot water bath.
- Spread evenly on the top of your cake.
- Decorate with nuts and serve while chocolate is still warm and soft.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.