Thicksliced toasted bread, grilled chicken breast, tomatoes, pickles, red onion, lettuce and pesto mayo – that’s all you will need to prepare this traditional club sandwich. One theory is that the sandwich was invented in 19th century in New York. Perfect as a quick lunch. You can roast the chicken breasts in an oven or grill it on a pan. Serve with french fries and coleslaw. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 2 grilled (or roasted) chicken breasts
- 6 toast bread slices (3 per sandwich)
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 2 pickled cucmbers, sliced
- 1 red onion sliced into rings
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp green pesto
- mixed lettuce
- chips and coleslaw to serve
- In a glass mix well 3 tbsp mayo with 1 tbsp pesto, season with salt.
- Slice the chicken thinly.
- Toast the bread slices in a toaster.
- Spread them with the pesto mayo (one side only).
- Top 2 slices with the lettuce, chicken, pickles and onion, place on top of each other.
- Cover with the 3rd slice (mayo side down).
- Cut in half, diagonally, secure with toothpicks if necessary.
- Serve with chips and coleslaw.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.