Perfectas a quick lunch, delicious couscous salad with grilled aubergine, courgette, pepper and onion, plum tomatoes and watercress. Warm and a little oriental in flavour, typical to Moroccan cuisine. If you can’t find toasted giant couscous, you can replace it with the normal one, widely available in supermarkets. Grilled vegetables should be al dente, not overcooked. You can store it in the fridge and use another day, just remember not to add the plum tomatoes. Add them just before serving. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 350 g toasted giant couscous
- 1 courgette
- 1 small aubergine
- 1 large red onion (or 2 small)
- 2 red peppers
- 20 plum tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- watercress to decorate
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (from fresh lemon)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- In a large glass mix well the honey, olive oil, lemon juice and cumin until well combined. Season with sea salt.
- Cook your couscous in salted, boiling water with a teaspoon of turmeric (according to the instructions on the packaging). Once cooked drain and leave to cool.
- Halve the courgette lengthwise and slice into 1cm thick slices. Do the same with the aubergine.
- Cut the onion in half (through the root end) and slice it lengthwise into chunks.
- Dice the peppers into sizeable chunks.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan assisted).
- Place the courgette, onion, peppers and the aubergine on a baking tray laid with a sheet of baking paper. Sprinkle with olive oil, season with a pinch of sea salt and put into the oven for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine couscous with vegetables add the tomatoes, sunflower seeds and dressing, mix well to combine.
- Arrange on salad bowls. Serve decorated with watercress
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.