It’s a classic. Light and delicious summer salad with tomatoes, cucumber, dried black olives, red onion, red pepper, fresh mint and dill and feta cheese. To prepare the salad use good quality feta cheese, preferably barrel aged, and ripe and meaty tomatoes. This salad is only as good as the ingredients. Taste best when served with warm and crunchy garlic baguette. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small romaine lettuce
- 200 g block feta cheese
- 1 beef tomato, cut into wedges
- 10 mixed cocktail tomatoes (plum, cherry), halved
- 1 red onion, sliced into rings
- 20 dry black olives, halved
- 1 romano pepper sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- 10 - 12 mint leaves, chopped
- In a large glass mix together olive oil with balsamic vinegar until combined, season to taste wit salt and pepper.
- Wash and dry the lettuce, tear with your fingers into small chunks.
- Place all the vegetables and herbs in a large bowl, pour in the dressing and give it a toss.
- Divide into two serving plates, slice the feta cheese and arrange on top.
- Decorate with fresh dill and serve.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.