Mussels in a delicious, very light and delicate white wine sauce, with shallots, garlic and flat leaf parsley. This dish is perfect as a starter or a main course, when served with freshly baked garlic baguette. The most important is the preparation of the mussels. At first, they need to be soaked in a cold water, to filter out the sand, then thoroughly scrubbed, debearded and cleaned. If any of them are open, tap them gently against the counter. If they don’t close within a few minutes, discard them as they’re probably dead and not fresh. Discard also any mussels with cracks on the shells. Serve sprinkled with chopped flat leaf parsley. They taste great when served with garlic baguette or fresh bread with garlic butter. Enjoy!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 800 g fresh mussels
- 250 ml dry white wine
- 2 shallots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the mussels in a cold water for 20 minutes, then wash them thoroughly. Discard any with cracked shells. If any of them are open, tap them against the sink. If they don't close up within a few minutes discard them. Debeard them - remove all the small threads hanging out from the shell.
- Heat the butter in a large sauce pan, add the shallots and garlic, soften for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and bring to boil, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the mussels, cover and cook for 5 - 6 minutes, shaking from time to time.
- The mussels are cooked when all the shells have opened.
- If any of them are still closed it's best to discard them.
- Transfer into a serving plate, pour over the juices from the pan, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. Mussels taste great when served with a garlic baguette.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.