Spicy peppers stuffed with minced beef, black eye beans, chipotle sauce and tomatoes, baked with mozzarella cheese. The combination of spicy sauce, beef, pepper and beans is typical for mexican cuisine. Mozzarella can be replaced with any soft baking cheese. If you can’t find chipotle sauce, you can always replace it with tabasco, but use only few drops as it’s very hot. Serve decorated with coriander leaves with hot tomato sauce as an option. Enjoy.
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 3 bell peppers (red, yellow and green)
- 250 g lean steak mince
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 400 g black eye beans (1 tin)
- 100 g grated mozzarella
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 tbsp chipotle sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- fresh coriander leaves for decoration
- 400 g passata
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli (medium hot), thinly sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a small sauce pan, add the garlic and sliced chilli, cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the passata, bring to boil over a medium heat.
- Blend it using an electric blender, or in a food processor
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (180°C fan assisted).
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Add the onion, cook for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add the mince, brown it then add the chipotle sauce, cumin and the tomato puree. Mix well, cook for 5-7 minutes over a medium heat, stirring from time to time.
- Drain and wash the beans, add to the pan, cook for 2 more minutes.
- Cut the peppers in half (lengthwise), place in a shallow baking dish and fill with the mince and beans mixture.
- Cover with foil and put into the oven, bake for 30 minutes or until the peppers are soft then uncover, place the tomato slices on top, sprinkle with the mozzarella and bake for 8-10 more minutes until cheese's melted.
- Decorate with coriander leaves. Serve with hot tomato sauce.
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.