You can’t go wrong with this British classic. It’s so easy to bake and always so delicious. We love them with clotted cream and raspberry jam. Posh or traditional, perfect for an afternoon tea!
Do you like our recipes?
Follow us on Facebook, to have our delicious ideas, inspirations and recipes delivered directly to your wall! Don’t forget to share them with your friends!
- 400g self-raising flour
- 120g cold butter
- 284ml buttermilk (1 pot)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 6 tbs caster sugar
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g sultanas (soaked in hot water)
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the salt, soda, flour and butter in the bowl (until looks like crumbs), add the sugar, mix well together.
- Add the buttermilk, milk and sultanas and combine to form a dough.
- Press it onto the surface to form 3-4 cm thick dough.
- Cut out scones with cutter (we use 5 cm one), brush them with milk.
- Arrange the scones on a baking sheet and put them in the oven (200°C/180°C fan assisted).
- Bake until well golden (10-15 minutes).
- Serve with clotted cream and jam of your choice (we love them with raspberry)
We cook, we taste, we rate!
All recipes on this website have been cooked, tasted and rated. Cooking times may vary depending on appliance. All ratings are subject to individual taste.